Criminal Buddhist monk Wirathu's intereview with the Irrawaddy

In recent months, anti-Muslim pogroms have rocked many parts of Burma (Myanmar) and have left scores of Muslims killed and thousands displaced, while thousands of homes were destroyed. Ultra-nationalist, RACIST AND BIGOT monk U Wirathu, 46, has been stirring up this unrest through his nationwide ‘969’ campaign, which calls on Buddhists to shun Muslim-owned businesses and to “think in a nationalist way.”


The 969 symbol has also been found painted on the walls of destroyed Muslim-owned buildings, suggesting that Buddhist rioters were motivated by his words. His controversial campaign has attracted widespread media attention. Last week, Time magazine Asia ran a cover story on the movement and placed a photo of U Wirathu on their July issue, which labeled the monk “The Face of Buddhist Terror”.

Wirathu was interviewed by Irrawaddy recently to comment on the Time magazine. You can read his hateful remarks here.

I sent the comments below for Irrawaddy. Although I am not sure it will post my comments:


One can only pity Wirathu who thinks that Muslims put him behind the Time cover page. His comments are so ridiculously wrong that it is like pigs flying in the sky. As to the cause behind the Time coverage, he says, "This is being done because the Islamic extremists want my downfall. ... If I fall down, it will be very easy for the extremist who wants to overwhelm Burma with their extreme beliefs. They want me to be arrested, or killed. That’s why, they put me on the [Time] cover, I think. … Extremists are trying to turn Burma into an Islamic country. There is financial, technological, human resources support for this, even media support. I’ve observed these things and because I’m speaking out to show these things to the world, I have become their number 1 enemy, so they are targeting me."

He repeats the same mantra uttered by every damn Nazi and fascist before him: Burma would become an Islamic country; Germany would become a Jewish country; India would become a Muslim country. Pure nonsense to justify their savagery unto the minority people! Nothing else.

I am glade that a monk like U Pantavunsa is speaking out against such monstrosity done in the name of Buddhism. How far such dissent voices would succeed, I don't know. Nonetheless, it is high time for conscientious human beings inside and outside Burma to condemn the 969 movement and its executioners for the crimes against humanity.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining the Biden Doctrine

George Soros at the Davos Forum